The New Horizons Technology Enhancement Committee (TEC) is excited to offer the first-ever New Horizons conference mobile app. You’ll be able to plan your conference experience with a personalized schedule and browse exhibitors, sponsors, maps, and more. Read below for information on how to download the app to your mobile device.
Downloading the App to your Mobile Device
- Visit the promotional app page: Get the New Horizons 2016 Conference App @ Guidebook
- Enter your phone number
- You will receive a text message with a link to download the app via the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Standard text messaging rates apply
- Download the app directly from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Open the Play Store or App Store and search “VCCS New Horizons” to find the “VA Community College System” app
- Download and install the native app to your mobile device
- Access the app via Guidebook
- Download the Guidebook app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store by searching “Guidebook”
- Use the built-in QR code reader to scan the code below and access the New Horizons 2016 app
Use the App on the Web
The app can accessed on any web browser. To view the web version of the app, visit the link below:
Using the App
To utilize the app’s features, including creating a custom schedule, you must create a user account.
Android devices: Open the contextual menu (three horizontal lines) and find the “login” option in the top left of the app.
iOS devices: Tap the blank profile image in the top right of the app to create and account and sign in.
Web version: Click the human icon in the top right corner and choose “Create An Account” or “Log In” if you already have a Guidebook account. You can also connect a social media account instead of creating a new account.
Your account works across different devices, including the web version. For example: you can log in to the web version of the app, create your customized schedule, and access it from your mobile device.
For further detail about creating and using a Guidebook account, visit the link below: