A two and a half day conference packed with practical wisdom for educators…
The New Horizons Conference is the premier teaching and learning conference of the Virginia Community College System, annually attracting almost 1,000 Virginia college faculty, staff, and administrative leaders. The conference serves the scholars, teachers, and practitioners of Virginia’s community colleges by enabling and supporting their professional development and interests in teaching, learning, and technology.
New Horizons is the single largest gathering of Virginia Community college teachers, researchers, administrators, and professionals. In 2019, New Horizons hosted almost 1,000 attendees including representatives from all VCCS colleges. The conference featured 200 hours of programming, 40+ exhibitors, and honored award winners from across the state.
Who should attend?
- VCCS faculty, staff, and administrative leadership
- Curriculum, education and training development specialists and managers
- Instructional systems designers and developers
- Learning technologists
- University representatives and partner organizations
- Publishers, software vendors, educational product vendors, and other discipline-related associations
- Those looking for proven teaching and learning solutions, including new tools, technologies, products, services, strategies, and best practices that they can deploy for student success
Why should you attend?
- Opportunities for continuing professional career, instructional, organization, and workforce development
- Crucial dialogues for pedagogy and practice for student success
- Exciting presentations on trending educational and disciplinary advancements
- Valuable teaching and learning resources, job aids and best practices
- Personalized dialogue with academic thought leaders on VCCS strategic initiatves
- Timely mentorship on publications, grant writing, and human resource management and supervision
- Professional networking to refresh and revitalize, enjoy the region and the space