How much does it cost?
VCCS employees are entitled to a highly discounted fee of $200. An additional $50 is discounted for early registration. Please click here for complete information.
When is the deadline to register for the conference?
March 21, 2019 or until it reaches capacity, whichever comes first
Where can I find my registration confirmation number?
It is located on your saved confirmation email generated by CVENT at the time of registration.
What is the refund policy?
- VCCS employees & Non-VCCS attendees: For a full refund (100%) of your attendee conference registration, you must cancel your registration by March 21, 2019. No refunds will be given after March 21, 2019.
- Sponsors/Exhibitors: refer to the Sponsor/Exhibitor Toolkit here.
Does the conference registration take care of my hotel reservation?
No – Registration for the New Horizons Conference does not secure your hotel accommodations. Hotel accommodations must be secured directly with the hotel per the lodging instructions provided here.
Are meals included with registration?
- VCCS employees & Non-VCCS attendees: Yes – all conference meals (Wednesday – lunch; Thursday – breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Friday – brunch) are included in attendee registration. For accurate food count and so as not to waste food, please indicate only those meals you plan on attending.
- Sponsors/Exhibitors: Meals vary based on level. Refer to the Sponsor/Exhibitor Toolkit here.
Non-VCCS attendees: Due to our unique billing scenario, Non-VCCS attendees are not eligible for lodging within the contracted VCCS employee room blocks.
Sponsors/Exhibitors: Refer to the Sponsor/Exhibitor Toolkit here
VCCS Employees only:
- Lodging policy: The VCCS Office of Professional Development (OPD) will cover one (1) night’s lodging and tax at the conference rate for every VCCS employee whose campus is 50 or more miles from the conference site, full-time and adjunct alike. Employees who share a room are entitled to two (2) nights’ coverage (one night per employee). The name of the roommate must be listed with the hotel. Employees who book as a single are responsible for the second night’s accommodations themselves. Employees must book their reservations as instructed below using the hotel specific VCCS room block to receive the above coverage. Parking and incidental costs are not covered by the VCCS OPD.
I would like to use a 3rd party site (e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Trivago, etc.) to book my hotel room. Will the VCCS cover this reservation?
No – reservations made through 3rd party sites will not be covered by the VCCS OPD.
Whom should I contact if I need to modify/cancel my hotel reservation?
You should contact the hotel directly. It is the responsibility of the guest to adhere to the hotel’s policies for adjustments, cancellations and no-shows.
Does the conference venue have enough guest rooms to lodge everyone?
No – The Hotel Roanoke does not have enough guest rooms to accommodate our large group. However, additional room blocks at overflow hotels have been contracted to accommodate our VCCS attendees.
What if I contact an overflow hotel and they don’t have any more rooms in our block but they do have guest rooms available outside of our block? May I still book outside of our room block?
No – reservations made outside of the contracted room block will not be covered by the VCCS OPD. If a room block is full, then call another overflow hotel on the list.
Where can I find a list of the contracted hotels and reservation instructions?
Please go to the Location, Travel, and Hotel page for fee details.
The conference venue has onsite parking for a fee in addition to the Gainesboro parking garage within walking distance to the conference center. Parking fees are not covered in your registration nor by the VCCS. Refer to the Location, Travel, and Hotel page for fee details.
CHROME RIVER PAPERWORK
POINTS OF CONTACT
- Conference registration questions, please contact the Office of Special Events and Conferences at email@example.com
- General conference questions, please contact the Office of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsor questions, please contact Lauren Burgwyn at email@example.com
- Exhibitor questions, please contact Sandy Gharib at firstname.lastname@example.org